ENERGY SAVING TIPS
Cooler temperatures are on the way and there are several ways that you can reduce your energy usage by doing small things. Here are a few examples:
- Set your thermostat at 68 degrees
- Make sure your foundation vents are closed. If your vents do not close, taping a piece of plastic on the outside will
help considerably. This will keep your home warmer and help protect against frozen water pipes.
- Close your drapes in the evening and on overcast days to help retain heat. Make sure drapes don't obstruct heat
- Check weather stripping on exterior doors and windows. Adjust or replace it if you can see light around the door.
- Use timers, photo cells and motion sensors to reduce the operating hours of interior or exterior lights left on for