Start or Stop an Existing Service

Start Service

To transfer billing responsibility at a location that already has the electrical infrastructure installed, whether or not service is currently connected, please contact our office during normal business hours.

Fees & Deposits

  • A service connection fee will be charged. Please refer to our Charges & Fees Schedule for current fees.
  • A billing deposit may be required, depending on your credit history.  Credit history requirements can be located in the Customer Service Policy
  • Service will be connected within 3 business days of your requested date, or completion of application requirements, whichever comes last.

Stop Service

It is your responsibility to notify PUD when you are moving. You will be responsible for all usage until notification has been provided and service can be transferred or disconnected. Contact our office at least 3 business days prior to your requested termination date.

To terminate your service, complete and submit the Termination of Utility Services Application (PDF). You may also login to your account and complete the Terminating Service request on the Customer Service, Maintenance page. We will make arrangements to terminate billing responsibility as requested and send your final bill to the address provided on your request. Contact our office during normal business hours for further information.

It is the responsibility of the new occupant to contact us to establish billing responsibility for the service.